German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let my GSD sleep in my room, she has lately started waking up, she will look at me, panting (due to hot weather lately), start yaping, standing on my desk with her front legs, putting her paw on my hand, she will not leave me alone. This is happening when she should be sleeping, she used to sleep through out the night, without problems, but now she is starting to be a pest, waking up, waking me up, messing around. Night time is my time of peace, that I get from her. I take her for walks etc, but lately, she has become a nightmare.

I have a feeling she might be hormornal and is acting up because of that, she is 7 months and 14 days old. I have heard of GSD's going into season at 8 so I'm thinking she might be soon.

I'm kind of going nuts, as she is very needy atm and what free time I get, she has been stressing me out, waking up, yapping, causing me more stress because she will wake my parents etc.

Does anyone have any tips, any thing I can buy to ease her sleeping pattern, any thing that would make her sleep more easily?

·
Registered
27,239 Posts
Just because she slept through the night previously, she may need to potty in the middle of the night due to the higher temps/more water intake. I would take her out for a potty break and then hope that she settles back to sleep. My own dogs need to go out earlier if they are drinking more to stay hydrated in the warmer weather.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not quite, she will go into her crate, but if I lock it, she will usually whine, cry, bark. This then annoyes my parents, which then causes issues between me and them. I should probably talk to them, get them to agree to 2-3 nights ****, until my pup learns its the norm. Would probably save me going nuts xD

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not quite, she will go into her crate, but if I lock it, she will usually whine, cry, bark. This then annoyes my parents, which then causes issues between me and them. I should probably talk to them, get them to agree to 2-3 nights ****, until my pup learns its the norm. Would probably save me going nuts xD

Try putting the crate in your room for a awhile. But yeah most dog whine to get your attention and in a way trying to communicate with you

·
Banned
4,417 Posts
I had to add another outdoor play session with mine around that age. She just seemed to be like the energizer bunny and wanted to do all sorts of things at 3:00 in the morning.

So, I added the play session, gave her a firmer understanding of "No, go laydown" (in her bed). Ultimately, when I brought the third change in, it worked within a day or two like magic. That was a simple $100.00 small window air conditioner for the bedroom. That "white noise" in the background and the cooler air circulating along with the extra play session seemed to do the trick. Those little window air conditioners are pretty affordable and the monthly bill is only an increase of about 12.00 per month. I've had mine for 15 years and it still runs like a charm.:smile2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts