German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rajko recieved his DHLP/Parvo/Corona vaccinations right at 7wks.

He is "scheduled" to receive his 2nd set of these same things, next week at 10 weeks old.

I know a lot of people go by Dr. Dodd's protocol which if I remember correctly has the first set at 9weeks old. Since according to that I would be two weeks early, is it okay to still follow the same protocol? Should I still get Rajko's 2nd shots next week? Should I just call my vet and ask?

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
Vaccinations need to be given a minimum of 2 weeks, preferably 3 weeks apart. So when to give the 2nd set depends on when the 1st set was given. If first set was at 7 weeks, than second set at 10 weeks would be about right.

I'd leave out the Corona though. Useless vaccine.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
We have them at 4 weeks apart around here. Just like with my skin kids I would hate to get them to early.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Be sure your puppy is HEALTHY when you go in. If there is anything compromising your dog's immune system, there could be side effects.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay followup question here..

Rajko got his 3rd set of shots just yesterday (he is 15 weeks old). The vet said in this area, they won't do rabies shots til 4 months, so he is scheduled to go back for Rabies, AND a Parvo booster, in 2 more weeks. Does this all sound okay? Does he need an additional parvo booster when he gets the rabies shot? So he has just been getting DHLP/Parvo. Also, would you think it is okay to have him around other dogs at this point?

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
Not sure why another parvo booster, doesn't make sense to me.

If he really does need it, don't do it at the same time as the Rabies. Rabies can be a tough shot and I like to give it seperate from everything else - by a few weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts