German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been training my 6 month old pup since he was 2 months... Sometimes it’s as if we are right back at day one... this morning while outside I gave him basic sit command and he looked at me as if I was speaking a foreign language. Totally unresponsive - we were preparing to play with the rope and ball (perhaps his drive was totally in play mold... errgh!!!), sometimes he immediately responds to my commands but other times it's as if he defiantly refuses to obey... I have heard that they enter the "butthead" stage and they become stubborn... Do I need to step up my alpha role or is this a normal stage. It is amazing have they go through the same development progression of human children... Sometimes sweet and sometimes *&^%[email protected]$#%)()&

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Congratulations! You have a completely normal puppy! There are other threads right now asking the same thing. Just keep training, I started clicker training at that age and they loved it. At this age they're teething, growing, learning all kinds of things- good and bad- it's all part of growing up. I wouldn't get tough on him and risk the possibility of scaring him, just keep doing what you're doing, exercise like crazy, stuff to chew.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.