German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know someone mentioned toys that their dogs love and I have thought about getting many of the things that are listed. My quandary is this: what size do I get? A size appropriate for a puppy and then purchase another when he is grown? or get the size a grown dog would use? Also some of them come in so many sizes it's a little confusing to know which size to get.

For those getting toys like Cuz, the balls, kongs, etc. --- what size did you get for your 8 week old puppy? I've bought a few things (a stuffless stuffed animal for his flirt pole, an elongated chew toy by JW Pets (makes the Cuz as well) that looks like an elliptical tennis ball and some puppy nylabones. I also wanted to get a puzzle toy for food like the kong wobbler or something similar if someone has a suggestion for that as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
medium Cuz - my puppy that's not such a puppy size anymore still prefers medium, stuffed animals as big as possible, large puppy nylabone, large puppy kong

·
Registered
130 Posts
We got puppy size stuff and really... Duke is 9 weeks old tomorrow and can run around with a full size tennis ball without an issue. Honestly, we bought a lot of different toys and ADD puppy enjoys just running from one toy to another... I don't think you can go wrong. Out of all the toys we bought, he plays with each and everyone one. Our Kong is small... still plays with it... We bought a big soccer ball style ball made by chuckit, he loves it. Have a jolly Egg, loves it.

Puppies enjoy anything they can put their mouths on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts