German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the crazy stuff Huter likes to do, I'm surprised this is the first time I've seen him limp. I cant believe he hurt himself over something so small. He stumbled of the deck step today, all because he was looking at me and not where he was going. He landed funny and hurt his right front leg/hip. He limped for just a second and decided to lay down. He stayed there for no longer than 2 minutes and when he got up he was walking fine. He was obviously being careful for about 10 minutes or so and now 30 minutes later is acting totally normal. I palpated the area and he didnt whine or anything. I'm sure he's fine. Still gave me a minor heart attack to see him limp.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Huter gave you more of a scare than he hurt himself :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Poor baby. I'm glad your pup is ok. I realize we have to be very careful with these little guys. But remember they are total drama queens. My girl will limp over to me screaming with her ears down... I run over make a big deal, rub whatever paw she is holding . Then she takes off just fine. Makes us laugh tho. My little guy once dove off the stairs, we all freaked out by his screaming
And he was limping. I was terrified! He has scared himself and all if us..

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
766 Posts
Eesh -.-' I'd probably have a little heart attack and threaten to take him to the vet (i do that if he sneeze too much haha) Gunther was zooming around outside last month and decided tripping in a low point in the backyard and face planting and skidding across that grass was a great idea. He just got back up and continued zooming around so I guess he was fine :confused: crazy dog.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Emma grabbed my pant leg the other day as I was coming up the two steps to the deck (she knows better too). To make this short, I fell and she went off screaming, limping and howling. After I collected myself and the wife came running hearing the crash, I went to check. She came up howling and limping badly. I thought for sure I had broken something on her, I loved her up and checked the paw, leg, etc. No reactions to any pressure or movement. I know it got pinched in the fall as she was under my feet (Do you think she will learn? NOTTTTTT:D) After letting her go she was fine, even wanting to play tug in the house.

Anyway she was fine after the love and kisses - I guess drama Queen fits her well.

Me - I am very sore under my left shoulder where I landed. At least I rolled rather than breaking my wrist like I did 10 years ago. But she does not care, just tugs harder on the tug:D

Has she learned - Nope, got a paw stepped on a few minutes ago running between my legs in the house:eek::confused:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
puppies are ALWAYS underfoot. I probably wouldnt have been worried except that he's never really acted like that. I've never seen him limp, he's not too much drama, but obviously it wasnt a big deal. Thanks for responding everyone! I am a paranoid new gsd owner!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts