German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi how can I estimate how my gsd puppy will look like when it will be an adult?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the size and body type of a puppy of 1.5 months old may not say a lot about the future appearance as an adult

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
So the size and body type of a puppy of 1.5 months old may not say a lot about the future appearance as an adult
Not really at that young of age, although you might get some clues as far as coat type (stock coat vs long coat) and some idea of coloring (although that can change significantly by adulthood).

Do you have a pic?

·
Super Moderator
5,031 Posts
if you really want to make yourself nuts, watch some Y'tube videos of people who recorded their pups and as they grew. That might maybe help some, a little, perhaps. And it will be fun.

·
Registered
358 Posts
oh, can't say about color scheme, but it looks like you are going to have a long haired fella or princess. A very cute long haired pup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh, can't say about color scheme, but it looks like you are going to have a long haired fella or princess. A very cute long haired pup.
Oh thank you
he is a boy :) as for long hair he will probably not I think

·
Super Moderator
8,154 Posts
Black and Red stock coat, most likely saddle back. Appears to be West German Showline - they tend to have a pretty consistent look.

Reactions: Stavi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From the same litter my puppy was a little bit more slim than other males. Does it affect its final size ?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
From the same litter my puppy was a little bit more slim than other males. Does it affect its final size ?
Not necessarily. In my experience the largest of a litter is often one of the larger dogs eventually but the smaller dog can land anywhere in between.

Train well, feed well, be well ....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not necessarily. In my experience the largest of a litter is often one of the larger dogs eventually but the smaller dog can land anywhere in between.

Train well, feed well, be well ....
Thank you !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts