German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been feeding Origen puppy food to my GSD since I got him and now need to switch from puppy to adult food. Have always had problem with stool. Not very consistent and runny quite often. Made a switch to another food and didn't like affect so I went back. Considering I need to switch to adult food, it seems it would be a good time to switch to something that would help his stomach more and if I can save in price that certainly would be a bonus. $65 a bag for Origen and he tears through it.

Dog Food Reviews | Dog Food Ratings

Recommendations? Was actually shocked to see Kirkland a 4 star food considering how inexpensive it is. I know price isn't a true barometer but the difference in price is hard to ignore.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think people say that Orijen is a pretty rich food, which explains why your dog isn't used to it.

If you do a search on the Kirkland adult food, there are quite a few ppl that use it and have been happy.

·
Registered
29,131 Posts
Orijen is excellent food but indeed might be too rich for puppies. We have the same problem with Canidae, we have tried giving it to our pups and they just can't handle it, so we put the puppies on Chicken Soup till they are a little older, than switch them to Canidae. Our adult dogs do awesome on Canidae Grain Free and our puppies do awesome on CS.

·
Registered
216 Posts
How about Acana?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
you could try the kirkland brand or 4health from Tractor Supply. I cant afford the higher priced foods like TOTW but 4health exceeds my expectations on it and they're both doing VERY well. Its about $25- $30 for a 30lb bag. Nice shiney coats, WAY less itchies and energy and nice poops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts