German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Some of you may know our 5 month Noelle had a diareah problem. Well we switched her food and after 3 weeks of gradually easing into the new food, she is all good. However, we recently noticed this morning that she threw up a yellow bile in the morning. She eats 3x day and last night she ate last around 8PM.

Can someone point out what the issues may be?

Bob

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Occasionally, dogs just throw up for no apparent reason. Sometimes when they are hungry and their stomachs are empty. Other times it's because they swallowed something that is irritating the stomach lining.

???

·
Registered
279 Posts
It could be hunger like michaele posted. My sometimes does it too. Try give him little snack before you go to bed. but if it not helps i would check with vef.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
My girl did this alot when she was a pup, and she still does it every once in awhile.
I noticed it when breakfast is a later than normal and sometime for no reason at all.

She's 12 now and did this past weekend. After she ate breakfast, all was fine. Try to give her little treats in the morning before you feed her.

BTW......it really stains the carpet fast!!!!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Just read a bunch about this. Normally, yellowish, foamy vomit is okayish. As long as it isn't accompanied with diarrhea. Sometimes it's caused by eating too fast. Could be something they ate, ie grass, dirt etc...
Happened with Baron last week. Just watch your puppy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts