German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve have my pup for about three weeks now. Other than the occasional accident inside (that is usually my fault for not letting him out soon enough) hes been really good.

Ive noticed in the past couple of days it seems like hes purposely going inside. Today i caught him getting ready to go number 2, so i ran him outside and he wouldnt go...Later in the day he was biting hard so i walked out of the room for two minutes came back and he went number 2 on the floor.

Is this normal puppy behaviour to go backwards in training? He seemed fairly house trained...I know accidents will happen but im shocked by these because he really did seem to go outside everytime we took him.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Accidents happen, especially with puppies... being a baby he is not fully potty trained so any accidents that occur are of your error and not the pups. How old is he now? And how often are you taking him outside? If you are having regressions I would recommend taking him out more frequently than what you are doing now, and if you can't keep an eye on him he should be in an X pen or crate. Remember right after he plays he will need to pee and probably poop too... sometimes right in the middle of play! With my puppy I liked to play with him at certain times of the day so that he would poop if I knew I was going to be busy, he got into a routine so there were no surprise poops because I knew when he was going to go. As far as pee goes make sure you are using an ENZYMATIC cleaner, and take him right outside when it happens no fuss.

·
Registered
850 Posts
So I’ve have my pup for about three weeks now. Other than the occasional accident inside (that is usually my fault for not letting him out soon enough) hes been really good.

Ive noticed in the past couple of days it seems like hes purposely going inside. Today i caught him getting ready to go number 2, so i ran him outside and he wouldnt go...Later in the day he was biting hard so i walked out of the room for two minutes came back and he went number 2 on the floor.

Is this normal puppy behaviour to go backwards in training? He seemed fairly house trained...I know accidents will happen but im shocked by these because he really did seem to go outside everytime we took him.

I read it in the forums a lot...people going through the same thing as you are. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Just hang in there. Keep doing what you're doing. I don't know how old your pup is, but I'm assuming around 10 to 12 weeks old? If so, you've got many weeks, if not months, before you can fully feel confident in his potty training.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts