German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the day i got my boy at 8 weeks,who is now 5 months of age, always seems to have issues with his Stool..Half the time his stool is Mushy,like chocolate pudding,tho not always..We've been feeding him Fromm product,dry food meant for puppies..We also mix in white rice hoping this will help or a boiled potato...Any suggestions? He gets 3 meals a day,about 1/12 cups per meal nowadays. Lately we also mix in chicken cutlet,few pieces..Never gave him any other human food other than potato and rice.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would take a stool sample to the vet in order to check for parasites. It could be as simple as a Giardia or Coccidia parasite. If that doesn't turn up anything, the vet could test for Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI).

Since the day i got my boy at 8 weeks,who is now 5 months of age, always seems to have issues with his Stool..Half the time his stool is Mushy,like chocolate pudding,tho not always..We've been feeding him Fromm product,dry food meant for puppies..We also mix in white rice hoping this will help or a boiled potato...Any suggestions? He gets 3 meals a day,about 1/12 cups per meal nowadays. Lately we also mix in chicken cutlet,few pieces..Never gave him any other human food other than potato and rice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts