German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6 month year old gsd is still biting like crazy. He only really bites me and my girlfriend never bites my two roommates. The bites are starting to cause bruises but not breaking the skin. How do I stop this?
Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the same issue with my 4 month old GSD he dosent excatly bite but just opens his mouth and those teeth are sharp.. He only does it to my wife and I and not to the little kids (4 and 5) that keep pulling his hair and petting him all the time...

I think its just a playing issue i guess once you pet him enough and calm them down they stop for a while ...

·
Registered
61 Posts
correct him! at this age they will test your patience! even if it takes 100 times
just correct him!

when he bites you give a simple no and move his head away from you..

could be teething aswell try having chewable toys around for him!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could it be testosterone ? Because I will also be playing with him on the floor and he'll be doing good then get really aggressive and try to come around me and bite my shoulder blade area and try to hump me.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
my 4 1/2 month old does the same thing but it seems whenever we try and lay down with her and just pet her she starts to bite and it does not tickle either she does it to pretty much everything but my dad any suggestions thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts