German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 7 month old shepherd has been sick the last few days, I went to the vet and they gave her some antibiotics for her kennel cough, so I've been keeping it lowkey.

This morning she seemed to finally start feeling better, more energy than before, so we got back on the routine, but still kept it easy. Went for a walk, played, made her breakfast, then we relaxed and watched a movie.

After the movie, we played with her chews for a bit, and I went to get a brush and brush her a bit. She seemed very apprehensive of the brush so I placed it on the ground. She came over sniffed it and seemed fine. As soon as I picked it up, and barely touched it to her, she took off running. Definitely afraid of the brush, and since we don't know her history, its hard to say why.

I put the brush away, shortly after whenever I pet her on her back, above the hind legs she runs off. Its gotten to the point now, that I can barely pet her at all (except lightly on top of the head a few seconds at a time) before she runs off and then keeps her distance from me. I've put the brush away in the bathroom, out of sight, but she still shying away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
positive, I never actually got to brush her, just having it touch her and she was gone. I let her relax, had some treats, she took a nap and pretty much forgot all about it now. No more issues, plenty of pets and play now!

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I read your previous posts. Thank you for rescuing this girl! You are building her trust right now & I understand why you are taking it easy with her. Good job with using treats & just chilling out with her. One step at a time:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts