German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the german shepherd world in the fact that I was adopted by the previous owners as a good new mom on 3/29/13(or he was going to the pound).
Anyway I am told he is 4 months but he seems small. Is there a general size chart somewhere or can someone tell me what the general size is. I can hold him comfortably in one arm

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
It varies from lines, body type, and even gender. Zeke was more american pet/show lines. I don't remember his size growing up but he was small, 8lbs at 7 weeks.

Berlin is stocky east german/czech lines. He was 16lbs at 8 weeks, is now 25lbs at 11 weeks. His sister is I think roughly 19lbs as of 10 weeks or so.

Don't judge age by size. Look at physical features, teeth are huge in telling how old they are. By 4 months incisors and even canines should be adult teeth but back molars should still be puppy teeth.

·
Registered
44 Posts
When we got our gsd she was 10 weeks and she was only 6 lbs...she is now 14 weeks and weight right at 20lbs...Bella is a female and I know she is supposed to be bigger but she eats and is gaining more weight now...she is the runt of the bunch so I'm assuming that is the reason...she did have hook worms and they are gone now but I beleive that was the reason for her being so skinny when we got her...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have had Bear now for right at a month. Still has puppy teeth and os getting a little bigger. But not much. I was told he was 4 months when we got him but.... I am seriously questioning that. I thought at 4 months he would be growing and now a month later no real changes. He's healthy and eats like a little horse. I am sure one day soon i will look at him and think what happened to my puppy. ImageUploadedByPG Free1367339003.133107.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts