German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anya is 22 weeks now and Sunday got her the last booster (all of them DAPP) and she had her rabies 4/25.

Now they are telling us that due to the high occurrence of Parvo they are suggesting another shot in 3 weeks. There is no extra money for them in it as the price was included in the adoption fee for all her shots.
Reading online the majority of the response bring up the extra money for the administering vet. But since that is not an issue I figured I would bring the question up here and see what you guys have any input?

She got her first shot at around April 7th the second one April 28th and May 19th the next one they wanted us to come buy at June 9th.
We live quite rural and she doesn't go to dog parks or comes in contact with strange dogs except for maybe if we decide to take her out on a hike in the weekends. Same for our other dogs they are isolated from any dogs that might wonder through the neighborhood.

We really are hesitant because we do not like over-vaccinating. My gut feeling is not to do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,377 Posts
Go with your gut.

If there is a chance the maternal anti-bodies have rendered the vaccine useless, then the suggestion would be to titer for parvo antibodies and avoid over vaccinating.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top