German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
Cava, floofy supermodel
20,484 Posts
I can't remember - have you had two dogs at the same time before? A lot of play LOOKS really aggressive, but is all in fun. And puppies that age usually have at least one or two periods of frantic amped up out of control behavior every day, one in the morning and one in the evening. All of mine have done this and sometimes there's really nothing you can do to calm the pup down other than crate her for a bit. All the exercise in the world won't prevent it. A solo pup might just get the zoomies and race around the house, but with another dog there, will be obnoxious and relentless in trying to get the other dog to play with her.

In any case, I wouldn't be too concerned about this typical puppy behavior turning into aggressiveness, but I would make sure to step in and stop interactions between the two of them before she pushes him too far and he feels like he needs to protect himself, especially since he's older and doesn't get around so well. Just because she's being a typical puppy doesn't mean you have to tolerate it, you can set rules and boundaries of what you think is acceptible. NILIF, NILIF, NILIF. Distract and engage. Break up play with some brief obedience, a couple of sits or downs for a treat, or reward for eye contact, etc.

· Super Moderator
Cava, floofy supermodel
20,484 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.