German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read plenty of posts about people wondering if their dog is too skinny. I am wondering the same thing, but I am also going to heed the advice of some of you and will include pictures. I don't care about having a huge German Shepherd as we plan to get a Newfie after our puppy gets about a year old. This is not the case at all. I want him to be healthy and within normal range. That said I can't help but think he is on the skinny side. I know puppies grow sort of weird, but occasionally I can see his ribs just standing still, facing straight. He also feels like he is all bones when I pet him. When we got him he had roundworms and tapeworms. I think he's been successfully dewormed, but we are checking every movement for signs he is still infected. Please take a look at the pics and tell me what you think. It's entirely possible I am just worried about his health in general (my wife keeps telling me to relax as I think EVERYTHING is wrong), or that I have some inexperienced thoughts on what he SHOULD look and feel like. He turned 3mo on Thursday and weighs 32.8 lbs. Thank you

IMG_4761.jpg

IMG_4763.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
He looks absolutely normal to me. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
It might sound weird, but I love his feet. Pretty!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It might sound weird, but I love his feet. Pretty!
Not weird at all! Everyone that has met him has either complimented his ears or his feet! You should see him walk, the way he sort of "flicks" his front paws as he takes a step so elegantly! Because they are so disproportionate to the rest of his body lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
First he looks great, if you have any concerns of parasites just send a stool sample to the vet.

Many times we just bring a sample to be tested without bringing the dog in for an appointment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts