German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Dutch to his first puppy romp today. I wasn't sure how he would do because this is his first time out socializing. They put us in with the little dogs and young pups, so he was actually pretty big compared to the other dogs with the exception of a black lab pup.

He was really shy at first and he tried to hide behind me or other people. When other dogs came around to sniff him he would tuck his tail and try to get away. I was a little concerned but he slowly started to warm up. By the end he was playing and rough housing with the black lab. I was thrilled. He was having lots of fun. I tried to film it. It came out a little fuzzy but I'll try to post it up in a bit.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
too cute! Love where they are "sizing" each other up in the beginning!

GO GET EM DUTCH! Don't let that black lab pick on ya:)

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
That was so cute I love the little dog who wanted to join in but instead hung out on the outskirts letting those two play. Dutch looks like he had a great time:)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He was super scared at first. He wouldn't leave my side... but eventually he pushed out, started exploring, met a few dogs and started playing. I was a pleased papa :)

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
They love using their front paws- Uschi would go up to another puppy and smacked it across the face then run away, and that usually gave her the response she wanted! She'd get tackled and then start wrestling.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing! That made my night! :) What a cutie Dutch is...he's got a girlfriend already!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you so much for sharing! That made my night! :) What a cutie Dutch is...he's got a girlfriend already!
Yeah... I was hoping they would play. They looked like they were roughly the same age. I didn't notice it at the time, but he really started to perk up and come out of his shell when some of the people left with their dogs. It had cleared out quite a bit by the time he started really playing with the lab. I think he was just a little overwhelmed at first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts