German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just two random questions,
What to do with a finicky eater... I had her on blue buffalo longevity for puppies, then the wilderness one (she really didn't like that) but I did notice when I take her to my moms she just loves my moms dogs pro plan food... So I bought the puppy version of it... And she seems ok with it but still just not really into it... Is there maybe a way I can motivate her to actually wanna eat her food? I do add wet food to her meals sometimes and that seems to help a little. Maybe she just isn't a big eatter?
She is 16 weeks old and I was also wondering when she should start loosing her puppy teeth. I've noticed a couple of the front ones are loose... I wasn't sure... ImageUploadedByPG Free1375038240.039587.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1375038264.381344.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
I've never had a finicky eater, so not sure what to suggest for that. Just from reading on the forum, seems that many members have had good success in switching their picky eaters from kibble to raw.

For the puppy teeth, she is right on schedule. Teething last from about 4 months to 6 months. She should have all her adult teeth in by the time she is six months old.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool :)
And I have been reading about the raw diet and still trying to do a little more research, but i was concerned about price, I keep hearing its expensive :/ but lots of awesome benefits :) but what about switching it over? Isn't it kinda harsh at first to switch over the food? Make them sick??? I've never done raw with any of my dogs that's why I'm trying to look into everything before I do it.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Cool :)
And I have been reading about the raw diet and still trying to do a little more research, but i was concerned about price, I keep hearing its expensive :/ but lots of awesome benefits :) but what about switching it over? Isn't it kinda harsh at first to switch over the food? Make them sick??? I've never done raw with any of my dogs that's why I'm trying to look into everything before I do it.

When we did feed our pup/dog kibble, she seemed to like the Royal Canin GSD food best. We also used it for training treats. Due to GI problems, we found that a raw type diet was best for her. I never could get into doing a full raw diet, except for a large bone 1x week, so I'll offer the products we chose: The Honest Kitchen (dehydrated raw) its easy, just add water wait five minutes and serve, or a frozen prepared raw. We use Nature's Variety this is easy too, just thaw and serve. I'm sure there are other brands, this is what is available to us and our dog eats it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts