Discussion Starter #1
View attachment 58106
View attachment 58114
View attachment 58122
View attachment 58130
View attachment 58138
View attachment 58146
View attachment 58154

Our little GSD is growing up to be such a gentleman!
10 weeks old now :)

But... He doesn't seem to be pooping as much as he should. It's been at least once a day. And we give him kibble, and chopped steak for treats. He never shows signs of needing to poop, or having issues. He has been a little gassy lately... unless it really HAS been the fiancé.

We still can't train not to bite. I know this fades with time. With their sharp teeth, it's hard not to scold when yelping doesn't work and apparently neither does saying "no" or "drop it" or physically prying his mouth open off of my hand.

He has great focus, but I don't think his focus is great outside because of all the new birds and neighbors and cars.

Any advice on all of this?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
your pup is 10 weeks old. don't expect to much. the nipping
lessens with training and age. everything is new to your pup.
focus will come with age, training and socializing.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Redirect as much as possible. Kratos loves to gnaw on your fingers given the chance. I just grab a random toy and boop him on the nose with it and he'll bite that instead. Lots of praise and excitement over the toy versus your hands...pants..couch..chair.Well you get the point.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys!

The pottying seems normal now... yay for gsd size potty!

Were trying to learn patience throughout his biting. It hurts so incredibly bad. We redirect as much as we can, but my arms are butchered. Our patience is really good, but I said a few choice words to him tonight after he made a huge gash in my finger. I feel guilty because I know this is how he plays. It just gets really painful when redirecting doesn't work.

Any tricks on patience for humans?

ImageUploadedByPG Free1366335342.096453.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts