German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to buy a playpen for when we're home but can't necessarily supervise his every move. A safe place he can chill without being confined to his crate. Do you guys prefer the metal wire ones or the plastic ones? They seem to be made for smaller dogs; I'd like to get one that he won't be able to knock over and escape from in two weeks.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I'd like to buy a playpen for when we're home but can't necessarily supervise his every move. A safe place he can chill without being confined to his crate. Do you guys prefer the metal wire ones or the plastic ones? They seem to be made for smaller dogs; I'd like to get one that he won't be able to knock over and escape from in two weeks.

We used a hallway with a baby gate at both ends(pastic) as a area to place Molly when doing house cleaning or whatever!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I have an exercise pen that can be set up in a designated corner or area which ever I need. It has a good sized area for your dog. Its real versatile so your area can be bigger or smaller. It is wire and it snaps together with latches. We have a wire top that can be snapped on the top of it to close it if need be. It of course would not hold a full grown shepherd but I think there are taller ones out there. I also baby gate one safe room if I don't want to bother with exercise pen.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
We have the black midwest x-pen, petco and I think petsmart sell the wire ones up to 4 feet tall. We go this one at petsmart. Petco has gold ones which I didn't really care for. They do make tops you can order online. We have the 3' version and have just taught Dante not to jump up on the sides. He still goofs now and again but he makes no effort to go over the top or climb it or anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts