German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first litter will be going to their new homes at the end of the week and I was wondering what people tend to send along in the new puppy packet. I am planning on including their health care record, their weekly growth pictures, a copy of the dam and sire's papers and their microchip registry packet. What am I missing?

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Maybe a little cheap leash and collar?

A little bag of treats or some kibble that you feed?

Maybe a small toy that has his/her mom's smell?

Some shelters and vet clinics do that. I always thought that was neat.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
I got a Notebook with Masi:)

All paperwork, tips on housebreaking/crate training/training/socialization

copies of parents regs/ pedigrees/copies of health cert's, title's , Pics

ALOT, plus a small bag of dogfood she was eating.

PM Wanda (kleinenhain) whom I got masi from, or any of the other breeders here and see what they provide.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I also include the shots they have had so far with dates and the actual sticky things from the vaccination vial as well as a detailed list with dates on all of the additional ones they will need, at what age, etc. I have only had 1 litter so far (last year) , but am expecting another in less than two weeks...so exicited! The vaccination schedule is something I got and learned from my Dam's breeder.
Congrats on your litter.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Our breeder included a list of names for gsds along with a copy of our contract, health, vacc and worming records, AKC registration application, dam and sire's registration/pedigree. They also gave us a small towel that had been in with the litter so the smell would be on it and a gallon zip lock bag of the kibble he had been eating.

·
Super Moderator
18,686 Posts
Pedigree, microchip/tattoo information, their copy of contract, health records. Everything else they will already have. The AKC registration papers they will receive in the mail since I register the pups (with the name the buyer has chosen).

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
My first litter will be going to their new homes at the end of the week and I was wondering what people tend to send along in the new puppy packet. I am planning on including their health care record, their weekly growth pictures, a copy of the dam and sire's papers and their microchip registry packet. What am I missing?
AKC application
Contract w/warranty
Puppy policy if it is not part of your contract/warranty, mine basically spells out a little about training, socialization, vaccination, spay/neuter, etc.

What you are feeding and how much, how many times per day. I always give a small bag of food which will have the ingredients listed, so if they want to switch, they will have an idea of what the pup does ok on.

I usually include a small leadership booklet by Colleen McCollough (sp. not sure)

I add a list on household dangers.
And I add a list on AKC dog-sports/events with a description of each.

I used to put a page of business cards and populate it with my card, my trainer's, vets, groomers, ER, etc. And I explain that they can put their people's card there, and then they always have the numbers when they need them.

Also a sheet that can be kept in the vehicle, populated for emergency care call numbers and authorization in case there is an accident.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I got:
First aid booklet
Vaccine Record
Food she had been on
A few pills
2 sample packets of olewo supplements, which my breeder feeds
Ear forms if she needed them
Contract
AKC registration form
Vet record

I found the first aid booklet quite handy, and like the idea above of including a leadership booklet. As a new owner, I'd appreciate both.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
With Pan I got a contract (included the price, contract clauses, tattoo number, what de-wormer was used, and the labels from the vaccination vial) and copies of both parents' AKC papers, pedigree, scorebook, OFA/a-stamps, and breed surveys. That was all I wanted and needed. They would have given me some of the food he was on too, but I'd already got it.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I got all the usual..AKC paperwork, contract, vet records etc. I also got a small (intact) bag of what the breeder was feeding. I received a pamplet on raising puppies. And a small hand towel that the breeder had let the mother and pups sleep with.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
I also give a roll of doggy bags. Never too soon to instill a little responsible dog ownership.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts