German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is funny now but far from it a few hours ago!

So I did the morning walk with Sylar, who is just over 4 months, and put him inside the apartment. I was still in PJs and didn't have a phone or keys when I put him back in. I walked out on the porch to clean up and move a few things. I could hear him inside jumping at the door to come back out with me. Well he managed to flip the dead-bolt that is 44" from the ground to the lock position. Needless to say I was completely locked out. I had to go the the neighbors and call GF to return home and unlock the door. She was out on errands.

Never had a dog lock me out. Will make sure always carry my keys now!!!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
LOL he wanted the place to himself! ALWAYS ALWAYS have your keys!!! Zena locked me out of my car once. Was hilarious at the same time I was so mad. I watched her do it too. She got that dog smile on her face, lifted her paw, moved it over the button and pushed the button until the door locked. GSDs man. Troublemakers/comedians.

·
Registered
701 Posts
HAH

I had both those happen... The. same. exact. way.

Fortunately, the apartment was easy - I had recently left my keys for the landlord on the side of the house and he hadn't come through yet.

The car was a bigger issue, was literally on E, on fumes I tell you! And I had to wait a half hour for my spare to come through. I just watched him with that stupid smile on his face, while I waited grumbling to myself. Then drove straight to the petrol station no problem, and he got to stick his head out the window the whole way.

I think it's funny that when I got back into the apartment and car, he was just as excited to see me as ever; as if to say, "yay you're back, lets go out! yay let's go for a car ride!"

·
Registered
910 Posts
Gabe did that to me and my mother! We were both outside of her house, feeding her cat, and Gabe locked us both out! I had to climb onto the roof and break into an upstairs window to get back in!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Avery did that to my husband and I via our back door, left him inside while grilling last summer and he jumped up and pushed the handle down into the locked position. I think I had my phone on me and was able to get our neighbor to come open the glass door that is attached to the carport and our front door was unlocked. Needless to say anytime we are outback without him we are sure to leave the front door and carport doors opened and unlocked.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have had dogs lock car door on me before but this one was a new experience. My Toy Fox Terrier would jump into the front seat and stand on the arm rest where the lock button was located. Why I always take keys with me and turn off the engine when traveling with a dog.

My apartment lock is open in the horizontal position. And locks in the down position. Very easy for a dog to jump up and for his paw to pull it in the lock position. It just didin't occur to me until today.

Funny thing was once he locked me out and I wanted in.....he was sitting nicely. The irony!!!!! But hey.......good thing I learned now right?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Bear once locked the car door on my '71 Gran Sport 455 Buick while I was at the commisary at Whiteman AFB back in the early '80's.

Not a problem back then unless you left the keys in the igntion lock.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
That happened to my son, trick or treat nite one year! I went to store,when I came back my son was sitting outside, Cody had done the same thing when he stepped outside to give out candy! At least he had the candy bowl!

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
LOL I was watching a friends dogs a few years ago and had a similar thing happen.

I was playing in the backyard with her dogs, mine were inside, and my girl jumped on the back door and loosened the security bar. I watched it slide into place and lock me out.

Luckily I had not locked the front door. But it was still THAT moment.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts