German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 9 week gsd and she listens to me really well and stops when I tell her to and stops trying to bite me when I say stop. But what my wife tries to make her listen she won't. She keeps doing what she's doing. And my wife is home more than I am. What can we do to help my puppy listen to my wife??

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome

Welcome.
I am not an expert and I am sure you will get some good advise from the many folks here. My wife and I have had the same issues from time to time with our girls. What worked with us was the following:
1. We had to be consistant. (I would let the girls do thing she wouldn't and vise-versa.
2. Have your wife give the commands with authority and do not let the pup ignore her.
3. Patience, and don't show the frustration.

Just my teo cents.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I would say have the wife up the one on one training/walking/playing. I had this issue when my DH worked swing and the puppy wouldn't listen to me. I just upped the training using part of his dinner kibble (about a cup's worth) and worked on it everyday. There's always something you can make your dog earn. We've always trained a bit with the NILIF attitude and certain methods and we still use them now. :D I always try to make it fun too and I can tell he enjoys learning new things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts