German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like something with his front left paw - he wont put any weight on it. Poor thing... He's limping around

Otherwise he's being real good - eating, tail wagging etc... Going to call the vet first thing this AM.

Any ideas what it could be? I'm guessing a sprain or something from running around like an idiot with his sister...

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Round here we look for sand spurs or cactus needles in the feet. I imagine you've already checked for a foreign body?
Let us know what the vet says-hope he feels better soon!

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, we're having a deck built so theres alot of plywood - I havent been able to see a splinter or anything. Poor guy is just so pathetic - cant wait for the vet to open!!!

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whatever it is I hope its not serious! I cant stand seeing him like this!

Pano was my first thought too! I'm taking the day off to bring him to the vet (I'm freaking out a bit). He moans every so often, its a little pathetic

We do have some pictures on the computer I'll have to post soon. We've been busy getting our Italy pics up on the website!

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Poor baby hopefully its just a sprain

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Good luck, we'll be thinking about you both and sending him lots of get well wishes. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just back from the vets. Its either pano or a sprain. Temp was normal - everything else checked out fine. He's on crate rest and Rimadyl for the next two weeks - if no improvement by next Wed, we go back.

He came home and inhaled his lunch and is napping now.

My poor little man!!!!

·
Banned
1,754 Posts
Claire We have been giving our young dogs here NuJoint Plus, its a All natural Anti Inflammatory vitamin that is a bit better than what your little guy is getting, Remidal in not good for a dog long term, but we gave our Jero it until I started researching it after a friend brought to our attention. Hope your little guy feels better soon

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chuck - thanks for the info... I dont want to keep him on that long term as I'm well aware of the side effects it could cause.

I'm going to look into NuJoint for both pups... Sasha's pushing 4 now - she's getting to be an old lady

1 - 10 of 10 Posts