German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maisey has been sleeping through the night in her crate for a couple of weeks now. Bedtime is about 8:30 and since I wake up really early anyway, I take her out of the crate between 3 and 4 AM when I get up.

The past couple of days have been unusually hot and humid, a miserable situation that was further complicated when our AC went out on Friday night and shorted out the electricity in half of our home. Thankfully, we had enough extension cords to hook up fans and plug them into outlets on the working side of the house so that Maisey was kept comfortable through the night. Power was restored on Saturday morning, the AC on Sunday morning.

Last night, Maisey refused to sleep. She whined all through the night. I took her outside every hour or two thinking that she must have had more water than usual in the afternoon and needed to pee. Nope. She wanted to play! Since she has never done anything like this before, I am wondering if puppies can get insomnia or if I need to consider taking her to the vet? She's eating, drinking, and eliminating with no trouble.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Oh I remember that well - the nightime crazies. Fortunately, they didn't strike often, but when they did - all I could do with my Sting, was to get dressed - grab the leash and out we went. The long walk (I went a couple of blocks at a brisk pace) settled him down. For your Maisey it was probably the combination of the humidity, lack of air-conditioning. But it could have also been the fan. I would first put the fan on. She could have just gotten used to the breeze.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts