German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
11 week old puppy was fine all day playing on beach like normal, then home and a long nap, woke up and seemed like he was going to puke. Then he started shaking head back and forth like a bobble head and seemed wobbly on his legs. He drank some water and went back to sleep and doesn't seem to be in any pain. He just had his second round of puppy shots yesterday and the vet said he was healthy. Of course the vets closed. Any ideas on what thus might be would be appreciated.

·
Registered
124 Posts
some sort of toxins or something at the beach? Seems like I saw something like this somewhere before that was killing dogs at a beach. Don't want to alarm you, but I wouldn't go back until you find the source of the problem.

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Or it could be a reaction to the vaccines.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
go to an E-Vet.

11 week old puppy was fine all day playing on beach like normal, then home and a long nap, woke up and seemed like he was going to puke. Then he started shaking head back and forth like a bobble head and seemed wobbly on his legs. He drank some water and went back to sleep and doesn't seem to be in any pain. He just had his second round of puppy shots yesterday and the vet said he was healthy.

>>>>> Of course the vets closed.<<<<<

Any ideas on what thus might be would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
May be ear issue? Water in his ears? Infection?

Vet visit is best if still having problems.

:)

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
If pup drank too much sea water, could be dehydrated and weak. Go to the vet. Wobbly is never good.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Sounds a lot like an ear infection, i work at a Humane society and i've seen some cats get this. They have wobbles heads, head is tilted and they cant walk good if at all- it is curable and most of them walk normal again with their heads almost back to normal.
But this could be anything, like what others said, toxins or the vaccines.
Good luck!

·
Registered
5,441 Posts

puppy w/possible vaccine reaction

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No sea water drinking. He went back to sleep for about 45 minuets and woke up 80% better. Maybe reaction to shots or something? I'll post back if anything changes. Thank you all for quick responses. We just got him 2 weeks ago after loosing our last long haired shep to prostate cancer,so we were really scared when our new puppy looked like he was having problems.

·
Registered
5,441 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
What would be the best shampoo for a GSD with a flea allergy that has flared up? Just got a new 4 year old and his allergy wasn't properly managed. So his elbows and a spot on his side has him agitated! Just wanted to get more opinions. :) thanks!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sounds like waterlogged ears!! :) my old Labrador used to shake his head and was wobbly when he had an ear infection or build up in his ears. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts