German Shepherds Forum banner

puppy growth

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Reflected 
#1 ·
Titan is 14 weeks 38.8 lbs and 20 inches tall.
I have had 2 other shepherds that were 80 lbs as adult.
I think he will be a large shepherd.
Any comments?

#2 ·
i have a german shepherd and he is 10 months old and he has 1 ear up and the other down. he is still a puppy according to some of the articles ive been reading and they say that they are puppies till 2 years of age. One of the characteristics he has is that his snout isn't black like other german shepherds and he isn't liver colored shepherd or a white one. His snout is tan but i dont care he is an awesome dog. here is how he looks, he likes sitting on chairs :) any suggestions why he snout is like that
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/r90/150005_258673524263729_183435638_n.jpg

#4 · (Edited)
It is very tough to make generalizations, when there are many contributing factors. On puppy chow for instance, it seems that growth is early, on RAW diet growth is slower...

If I had to take a guess, I would say you are headed for a 100 pounder there. That is pretty big for 14 weeks. Watch out that he is not fat, as that is hard on the joints. You really want a thin puppy, not ribs showing but a good waist depression, maybe the last couple of ribs showing when he is wet.

My Bloodline would indicate minimum 40 kg Dog...(100 lbs) My Puppy is 19 weeks, and about 24-25 kg, 23" tall at last measure, sort of in the 52-55 lb range at a guess, on RAW diet and looking a bit on the lean side. My guess is mine is a hundred pounder, and yours should be in that range of 100 lbs, but again it depends on many factors. At 14 weeks, mine was close to that weight, that would be on the upper end, clear off the chart for a Show Dog, on the upper end for a Working Dog of the larger sizes...

Congratulations if that is what you want.. You have a big one..!! He will be a Titan.. :wild::hug:

Lone Ranger in Australia

#6 ·
Lone Ranger
He is on the lean side. I thought he was skinny the vet said that is ideal for his size and would be lean for a while. I am feeding him Royal canin maxi. He eats a 35lb bag in about 2 1/2 weeks. I checked the charts but cant get any good info.

He also is more wanting to please than the other german shephers I had. He hasn't chewed anything. Also he doesnt like treats so I have been training him with a ball as a reward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.