German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
Why are you correcting an 8 week old puppy?

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
When pups are with the littermates you hear growling all the time. I wouldn't take it seriously.
What does he do to make you say No to him?
Redirection is better than correcting a baby pup, IMO.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
He's just a baby- I have leftovers in the fridge older than him! Mine used to bark and snap their teeth together in an 'air bite'- but they were older. I can't remember telling a little one 'no', I used the international 'eh eh' sound.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
He's awfully cute! At this young age, I would just redirect him rather than say no. But they are very vocal dogs, all kinds of crazy sounds will come out of him- they love to talk

·
Registered
636 Posts
He's just a baby- I have leftovers in the fridge older than him! Mine used to bark and snap their teeth together in an 'air bite'- but they were older. I can't remember telling a little one 'no', I used the international 'eh eh' sound.
Minna does that too. Or she did, I haven't seen her do it in a while though.

·
Registered
936 Posts
mine did that at 8 weeks also snapped and nipped so much I had to carry him in a blanket. He air nipped. My arm was a pin cushion. I was in landshark he**. I was so frustrated I thought it would never end and came here often for reading encouragement it would end.

Flash forward 10 weeks. He is in day care, his nipping is pretty much down to like 3% of what it was. He generally lets go when you say off. He is acting more like a dog. We can actually walk barefoot again and the only air nips happen when he is excited to see you and forgets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts