German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Hi Calipso,

I had given my pup a tbsp of Pepto mixed with 2 tbsp of plain pumpkin to soothe her stomach. I have since switched to Imodine, since easier to medicate.

If your pup refuses to touch the mixture, add a small amount of boiled chicken & broth. That is what I did, although the general rule is to withold food. I give this 3-4 times a day, nothing else. I also offer Pedialyte to my pup when she has the runs, since these little guys dehydrate quickly.

As for the Giardia, I can't offer any wisdom but I personally will not do it till I know she is in perfect health.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Hi Calipso,

Not sure if I am being redundent here, but you can just drop off a stool sample at your vet's office to run a fecal flotation. Tha way you don't have to pay for the vet visit.

I just did that for my pup because I thought I saw a longish thin something in her poop. Came out negative, so it was probably undigested chicken skin or something.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.