German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 9 week old Nova is doing great, crate training is coming along fantastic and she's only had one accident in the house in the last 4 days.
However our place is pretty open plan and I would like to cordon off a place for her to play and train without too many distractions and also so I can enforce no mouthing/nipping rule by stepping out.
We're starting clicker training with her so I wanted to do it in a penned area since the house has roaming cats and other distractions
Does anyone have any recommendations for puppy gates/pens that are extra wide? I need a straight "fence" of about 100-105" - not easy to find I know. The only one wide enough I found is pretty flimsy for a determined 15lb pup!
TIA for any advice

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,770 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sunflowers - thanks for the recommendation, that one actually looks perfect, only problem is shipping takes so long, but we will manage til then!

@doggiedad that will be ideal when we're not renting - since we're buying in the next year I don't want to have something customised to the rental house only to have it be obsolete in 6 months. Thanks though!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have the same pen as sunflowers and LOVE it, use it all the time. I got it with less than a week shipping, the same pen is also on ebay. Here's a pic of my 6 months old girl taking a nap (i woke her up) in the pen :) still can't escape

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I was really happy with the North States exercise pen and the gate I got from Amazon. It's really sturdy, easy to set up and add extensions to, and there are no horizontal bars so no climbing out. Amazon ships pretty quickly too if I remember. Good luck!

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
Sunflowers - thanks for the recommendation, that one actually looks perfect, only problem is shipping takes so long, but we will manage til then!
Where are you located?
Mine arrived in three or four days.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Located in San Diego, the shipping from ebay estimated next wed which is ok, other half preferred amazon so we got it from there. Hopefully it arrives by midweek next! Thanks for all your suggestions guys, this forum is so **** helpful!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I use a Midwest X pen. I've used it both as a pen and as a gate. You can get ones ith a door in them. They generally are composed of 8 panels each 24" wide. They come in different heights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts