German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there i am wondering if there is anything i can do i have a 2 month old black german shepherd and he is on puppy food and does fine but i have another dog (terrypoo) that eats small breed food the puppy cleans the bowl every chance he gets i try to stop him but sometimes he is sneaky and gets to it i noticed today he has soft stool so im concerned should i just put them on the same food she is 7 but i did see her eating a bit of his puppy food also any suggestions would be awesome this is the little sweetie pie

Attachments

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
A cutie! I would feed them separately and when they are done pick up the food bowls. I don’t leave food out. I am also usually in the room anyway I love the sound of them chowing down. Leaving out food in bowls can lead to a fight especially if given something special in the bowl. My chihuahua had an awful habit of trying to stealing food from out past dog. My two gsds would not be happy about that. Topper our chihuahua eats in the crate. When Luna was a pup she also ate in her crate. Once every one is done with their food which takes a few minutes or more the food bowls get picked up. This avoids any squabbles or bad habits.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Feed separately. If that doesn't work, feed separately at different times. Put one in another room or in the crate. When one is done, then feed the other one. And don't leave food out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts