German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m new here. I’ve been concerned about my 15 week old GSD ears. Currently she has one that stays up and one that stays down and it’s been that way for almost a week now. They were down until about week 13 then they were both working their way up and down until week 14 now since then her right ear is up and stays and her left ear is down and stays. She is teething from what I can tell but I don’t know if she’s lost any yet. Thanks.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Your pup has plenty of time for her ears to stand permanently. There are several here, 2 of mine included, that didn't have ears up until over 9 months of age.

It is the general consensus that if they have been up once, they will come up again. For now enjoy your pup and stop worrying. Ears will be all over the place for months. It doesn't mean they won't come up and stay up.

As concerned as everyone seems to be about their dogs' ears not standing, you would think that no GSD's would ever have erect ears! It's rare that they don't stand, not the other way around.

Be patient and enjoy your pup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that last paragraph makes a lot of sense and bring comfort. We are enjoying the heck out of her about time to start obedience training. Thanks again

·
Registered
243 Posts
My dog is almost six months old and her ears are still down sometimes. I was worried and posted a question but got some very reassuring answers, I’m sure your puppy’s ears will go up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah they have reassured me. It was more that they both came up and then one went down and has stayed down since so I was worried that it had been injured.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts