German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my pup is now 20 weeks. I've been noticing since he was a puppy he plays and gets tired fast. His ball drive is good and his prey drive is good (i keep interactive toys away from him to build the drive, so when he sees them his eyes light up... balls, tugs, rags), but he doesn't play for longer than 15 minutes. Will he out grow this and have more energy? Also, when he is in the house with me freely, he is super chill or sleeps. I'm not complaining about that, but just curious if he will have more drive, so we can play for longer :smile2:

Please let me know with your guys past experiences!

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
That is plenty of drive for a 20 week old. Your expectations may be a bit high. If you want to build the drive, play for shorter periods. Stop and put away the ball/tug/toy while she is still 100% into it, BEFORE she tires of the game.

·
Super Moderator
5,239 Posts
Never have "just one more time". Especially in summer heat and humidity. My adult dogs play hard for 5 to 10 minutes before starting to tire out. Come winter time they always outlast me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So i guess this is all normal, thats good to know, thank you for your feedback. I got a "medium" drive dog, i thought he'd be more hyper, etc. but really happy with his temperament.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts