German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advance if there was one up like this but couldn't find.

When I get my pup in September, I will be working during the week for nearly 10hours a day. So I will be leaving the pup at my sisters during the day since she works nights. She has two well behaved and healthy dogs. Is this fine for the dog growing up? I dont want him to be confused by staying at two places. I can hire a walker who walks dogs in my condo complex to let him out during the day too. Any words of wisdom for this?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Puppys sleep allot so I don't really see why ether one won't work. As long as the other dogs are not too rough with the puppy and don't teach him bad habits. We did not have any help from family so we hired a dog walker and it worked out great. Now our pup is 6 month and he knows her, so if no one is around or family can't come by we call her. I think it is great we did it this way and love it that we have an outside person who can help with the pup when we need it. So maybe even both would work, switch it up so you can crate train some days and he is with your sister others. Probably family would be better until he is old enough to hold it for a few hours. =) good luck! can't wait to see pictures.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I think both are good situations, maybe try both? Bringing him to your sisters twice a week and having the dog walker come three times? I like having multiple options so if one falls through you have a backup

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, I was thinking of doing around that. Maybe 4 days with family and one with walker until as you said, he is able to hold it for a bit longer.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Thank you, I was thinking of doing around that. Maybe 4 days with family and one with walker until as you said, he is able to hold it for a bit longer.
Yep! and you are lucky that you have these options. I don't think that the pup will be too confused. He/She will adapt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts