German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9 week old female german shepherd. She has some white dots all over her skin, and when i groom her/brush her it gets pretty bad. I mean she is just covered in those white little things. Is this a normal puppy thing that goes away? Or do i need to treat it some way?

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
For a natural approach, Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar from a health food store can help with itching. Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar has anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. You will know it is organic because you will see “The Mother” (which contains the medicinal properties) floating around in the bottle. It can be used internally (to aide in digestion) and externally (for itching). Make a 50/50 mix of the Organic ACV with purified water (not city tap water) and after a bath with a mild organic shampoo, rub the Organic ACV mix down into the skin/coat, working in small areas, until the whole dog is covered including legs and belly. Always be careful of eyes (vinegar stings). Let dog drip dry, do not rinse off. You can put the mix in a spray bottle and spray on their coats and specific itchy spots (if skin is not opened) a few times per day till you see improvement. You can also use this mix to wipe out ears.

You may also want to add a high quality oil to her food.
Nordic Naturals made from sardines/anchovy: https://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Naturals-Pet-Omega-3-Promotes-Wellness/dp/B002CQU58W/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=nordic+naturals+oil+for+pets&qid=1586448148&s=hpc&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&smid=AD4JTYB7A7HOQ&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFPTkVCUTFPSEwxODkmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA3NzY0NDMyUldCQzlOTEpHQVRLJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzNjIxMDAyUTZLVjJCMldDVFYxJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Begin with small amounts for about a week, to not upset her gut, then increase slowly to dosage on label.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For a natural approach, Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar from a health food store can help with itching. Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar has anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. You will know it is organic because you will see “The Mother” (which contains the medicinal properties) floating around in the bottle. It can be used internally (to aide in digestion) and externally (for itching). Make a 50/50 mix of the Organic ACV with purified water (not city tap water) and after a bath with a mild organic shampoo, rub the Organic ACV mix down into the skin/coat, working in small areas, until the whole dog is covered including legs and belly. Always be careful of eyes (vinegar stings). Let dog drip dry, do not rinse off. You can put the mix in a spray bottle and spray on their coats and specific itchy spots (if skin is not opened) a few times per day till you see improvement. You can also use this mix to wipe out ears.

You may also want to add a high quality oil to her food.
Nordic Naturals made from sardines/anchovy: https://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Naturals-Pet-Omega-3-Promotes-Wellness/dp/B002CQU58W/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=nordic+naturals+oil+for+pets&qid=1586448148&s=hpc&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&smid=AD4JTYB7A7HOQ&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFPTkVCUTFPSEwxODkmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA3NzY0NDMyUldCQzlOTEpHQVRLJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzNjIxMDAyUTZLVjJCMldDVFYxJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Begin with small amounts for about a week, to not upset her gut, then increase slowly to dosage on label.
this all helps with white spots?

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
This has helped many dogs with dandruff and itchy skin.
Old post:

Problem:
Originally Posted by reggieDJ:
Hi, My 4 year old shepherd has some sort of irritation on her ridge/back. Her coat lost all of its shine and looks like a coarse black cotton ball, definitely has a lot of dandruff

Solution:
Originally Posted by reggieDJ:
Day 4 of the ACV apple cider vinegar and I kid you not, it’s gone and if I scratch her back she doesn’t shake her leg, just happily wager her tail. I’m going to continue for another day or two just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts