German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
....The title might sound a bit off. I don't want to eat a puppy...but this desire to get a puppy feels like an intense craving.

I love my boy so much, and I feel sort of guilty for wanting another this badly, but I do.

The problem is, of course, that there is no reasonable way for me to manage a puppy at this point. I'm moving from Texas to Tennessee in September and starting a very demanding graduate program there. There will not be time or resources for a puppy.

I know this, but I can't stop wanting one. I catch myself googling long-haired GSD puppy pictures all too often. Maybe a puppy will be my graduation gift to myself...

But in the meantime, does anyone have any good advice for dealing with outrageous, ill-advised puppy cravings?

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Volunteering at a shelter or rescue? Even if it's just to spend time around the animals, I'm sure they'd love the extra help and the animals would love the attention. Puppies, kittens, etc are very popular drop offs unfortunately

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Lots and lots of puppy pictures! Helped me over the last year and then I was finally able to get my pup.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lots and lots of puppy pictures! Helped me over the last year and then I was finally able to get my pup.
Heh....already doing a lot of that. I'll probably be on a steady diet of puppy pictures for awhile.

....It's going to be a very long 2.5 years...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I'm ticking off the days on a calendar; Abi's 18 month mark and we're going to decide on a puppy. It's not fair to her to get another one so soon, but hopefully by 18 months, she'll be able to handle the new addition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts