German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our pup had his 3rd set of shots late on Friday and on Sunday he started sounding like he is congested. When he sniffs we sometimes hear him sounding like a little piggy... He also coughed twice this morning after wining for food.

I know he got a live weekend version of the virus for bordetella, could he have a reaction to the vaccine? does this resolve on it's own and what should we watch for? especially to prevent pneumonia. He was also playing in water/pool Sunday, but it was very warm outside and we dried him out well afterwords.

I am waiting for the vet to call me back, but all they say is bring him in. I honestly can't take him in every week, its becoming way too expensive and our vets office is rarely helpful over the phone.

Has anyone had a similar reaction to vaccines?

He also swallowed a good size bully stick yesterday morning, but besides couching he is fine, eating drinking and going potty, I assume that has nothing to do with it and he will digest it.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I hope he's doing better and someone has some answers. Poor guy.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cough resolved, he got the live vaccination into his nose so he had a reaction to it and showed symptoms. According to the FDA this should make him less likely to get it again and live vaccine is more effective than a shot. =) thanks for checking onhim! he is all done with shots and doing great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts