German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Vega • Von Braun •
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I’m curious to hear what your opinions are on the coat to this puppy. Breeder says plush or possibly long, but I’d like to hear some of your other impressions.

I guess it may be worth noting, I purchased a pup several years back from the same breeder. I will attach her photos for reference too, so you can all see how she turned out!

·
Super Moderator
9,109 Posts
pup is a long coat. unmistakably.
as is your adult dog.
plush is descriptive.... not a genetic coat type.

Reactions: BritSuisse

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Yep, I’m with Fodder. There’s no question that’s a long coat puppy. I’m surprised the breeder doesn’t know that.

·
Registered
Vega • Von Braun •
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
pup is a long coat. unmistakably.
Hey, thanks for the reply Pytheis & Fodder! That is what my personal opinion was too, but while my breeder said this puppy “may” be just that she can’t give full assurance that he will actually turn out that way (both parents are short stock with recessive long) and she has been fooled before even with the wavy ear & back fuzz, longer toe hairs and other give aways. Personally, I’m looking for a specific disposition and temperament not necessarily a specific coat-but if I could get a long haired with my desired temperament I wouldn’t complain!

·
Super Moderator
9,109 Posts
had it been a photo of the lone puppy, i would have said that it’s likely a long coat. first thing i ask when ppl come to the board with this question, is for a littermate comparison photo......which you provided. there are “plush” stock coats... common in showlines that may have some longer hairs and can throw ppl off, but your examples are quite clear to me.

very cute pup!
beautiful adult dog too..

Reactions: BritSuisse

·
Registered
Vega • Von Braun •
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! I certainly think my girl, Vega, is quite beautiful too but I’m definitely biased

Thanks for the responses, I always like bouncing opinions off others just to get a well rounded thought!

·
Super Moderator
9,109 Posts
she’s gorgeous... and has such an intelligent expression.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts