German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
16,893 Posts
All dogs are equally able to get Parvo, but I'm sure the healthier the pups are and their mom was, the better their immune system.

Most puppies start puppy class a bit later than 8 weeks so you may be a bit further along in their vet visits and shot schedule.

That said, my Glory B was in classes the week I got her and that was around 9 or 10 weeks. I had no qualms about starting that young with her. The facility is clean and well run. I also have found that those people that choose to spend the time, and then money to find and start puppy classes also seem to be those who are RESPONSIBLE with their puppies and where they go.

So I hang out with people with healthy puppies and dogs in puppy classes. As well as with my friends/neighbors that I know are responsible with their pups/dogs. It's so vital to socialize and socialize EARLY that I choose the slight chance of my dog getting sick over the HUGE chance of getting temperment issues down the road from lack of socialization they need.

Common sense is key with this. And if you meet someone with a dog/pup you are not sure of, just step in and prevent interaction. You don't have to make a big deal about THEIR dog, heck, you can 'lie' and say you think YOUR pup is sick and you don't want to affect their dog! See, helpful and considerate :)

· Premium Member
16,893 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.