German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a trainer out here who says she specializes in GSD for SAR training, perfect! Well, we observed one of her private sessions and her GSD is a LARGE female who was amazing at 1yr in a public location. Great on wait and recalls. The lab who was doing SAR training with her was great too! We went to puppy class yesterday, and though i didn't feel it was a structured "Sit" "Stay" "down" class...more of a proofing class with distractions, we had a good time. Sabo was the youngest. At the end of class they brought out agility equipment for the dogs to play with...and sabo LOVED the tunnel!!! I mean, LOVED IT! Charged right through, no hesitation!!! It's a decent price, just means I have to really do my homework. We have a beginning SAR class Tuesday that hubby is taking Sabo to on Tuesday, I can't wait! It's basically a socialization for the puppies, playing with "find it" and treats.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
hey, distractions are a good thing to work around!!! Anything I can teach Dax from a class, I can easily do at home. I'm basically using the class to get him around other dogs and working under distraction pressure. He's slowly getting better about listening with distractions but 4 months old, he's still got a long way to go. We're also going to be trying SAR with him. Seeing if that nose of his is actually will work for things beyond evils of finding things he shouldn't lol. Met with the team today.

Have fun!!! Enjoy the class, even if it's just for distractions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts