German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heinrich, my 13 week old male German Shepherd was caught yesterday walking around and carrying my 2 year old cat in his mouth like a toy, by holding on to the excess skin on the kitty's back. Kitty wasn't harmed or frightened (they play together a lot and get along well) but is this normal?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
not something you should allow. It could end VERY badly for the cat even accidently. nice playing is fine but thats not a good idea to allow that.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Definitely something I'd discourage.

·
Registered
41 Posts
omg lol... This gave me a funny image in my head... I hope my new puppy doesn't try this!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I wouldn't really allow that, cause it could accidently go wrong quick. My two (GSD and cat) get along awesome. They sleep together, eat together and my boy is very protective of the cat. So awesome to see.

·
Registered
31,989 Posts
I would say it's not normal for the cat to allow it! You must have one very laid back cat.

It is a habit you will want to nip in the bud. The rule in my house is no teeth on the cat..ever.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I would also worry that the puppy would think all cats would allow this and might encounter a cat that could do a lot of harm to him! I know my cats would!

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Could be dangerous to the puppy's eyes, face if he gave an accidental (or otherwise) squeeze.
Love the dog's name ..... my cousins' name is Heinrich.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts