German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my GSD a little over five days now. She is 17 weeks old and much like the rest of you have described your dogs, completely attached to ME and no one else. The first night or two that we put her in the crate she did fine but last night she barked when i put her up. She is with my blue heeler in there to so its not like she is alone. Normally i would ignore her but my husband works very long hours and only gets a few hours of sleep before he heads back to work and, of course, thats the time she decides to howl. I had to take her out and lay with me so she would stay quite. I know that was not the best thing to do but with hubby trying to sleep and it below zero outside last night, it was the only option i had. When hubby when to work i put her back in there and she barked and howled for, literally, two hours. Any ideas on what is causing this all of a sudden and what i can do to stop it????

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Do you think she would bark if you crated her in your bedroom where she would feel close to you?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think she would bark if you crated her in your bedroom where she would feel close to you?

i was thinking about that also, im just worried about hubby and him sleeping. He doesnt have a day off till sunday so i guess i can try it then.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
I kept my boy in my bedroom since day one at night and he never cried or barked. He was not even in a crate, I put a blanket down beside my bed and he stayed right there. I was lucky I guess, he never chewed on anything and I had a baby gate across the doorway so that he was confined in there with me.

When I would wake up to check on him I would take him out to potty also, I made sure to take him out 2 or 3 times each night. He never did potty in my bedroom.

Hope that I have been of some help! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm i might just have to try that. i know when i lay with her on the floor she is perfectly calm and licks my face when she needs to go outside. I just worry because my bed is really high and im afraid she will get freaked out if she cant see me at eye level. She slept with me in bed one night when hubby was working graves and she did great, but hubby isen't real keen on dogs sleeping on the bed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts