German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tucker absolutey loves the beach. Our house has access to the sound and he loves it, but there are sharp oyster shells and he already got a minor nick on a paw last night. Someone gave me those rubber rain booties for dogs but I've never used them. Anyone use them to protect paws? Any other ideas? Or should I not worry?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I would try the rain booties - put them and then immediately let Tucker go on the beach. Hopefully he will be so happy that he won't stop and pull the boots off. Even throw a stick or ball so he chases after that. I would also try musher's secret to help protect his paws.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
I have read on here where members have used those boots and that they worked for them, it could not hurt anything to try.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. He hasn't cut himself anymore now that he gets in quickly and swims/walks out to the smooth sand. I guess I'll just watch him. Putting on rainboots would be easier done on an alligator :rolleyes:...I tried.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
The LI Sound? I try to only take the dogs at high tide the stones are not sharp then. At low tide the stones can get really sharp and slippery.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are in NC.

Never did try the Paws...figured they'd just aggravate him and me and not help much. Probably will carry him out tonight...fortunately he is still a pup so that's easily done. Yesterday he walked in and out and managed not to cut himself. Hubby can always just lift him off the dock too. Trying not to be too overprotective but I know a cut would make it painful with the sand and salt water, & he's having so much fun...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts