German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a neighbor of mine came over to see how Dex is growing. He suggested I use a spray bottle with water for his biting. I'm sure those of you who are experienced with shepherds know how it went.

Yep, I went out a bought one. Told Dex " off" when he started to bite and pull my pants leg. Warned him I was going to spray him with water. He still didnt listen. Sprayed him in the face, and he couldn't have been more excited. :wild: Sprayed him 2 more times. now he was just holding his mouth open to catch the water.

Well at least he stopped biting my pants leg? But now have another problem. He now tries to bite on the cupboard handle to look for the water bottle and bites the nozzle to be sprayed.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
He was biting your pant legs to get you to play with him.

Now you have convinced him the being squirted is playing.

Is that a problem?

I've had several dogs who thought that being squirted with the hose and attacking the stream of water, was the best fun it was possible to have on this earth.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Fiona is the same way with the hose. Doggie day care asked if it was ok to spray with a water bottle for correction. I laughed and said ... Sure! Good thing they did not need it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
He was biting your pant legs to get you to play with him.

Now you have convinced him the being squirted is playing.

Is that a problem?

I've had several dogs who thought that being squirted with the hose and attacking the stream of water, was the best fun it was possible to have on this earth.
No problem, I love playing with him. In fact the past couple of days I have been letting him play with the water from the hose and thinking of getting him a kiddie pool. My two other dogs have no interest in the water at all and want nothing to do with him when hes running around all drippy and wet. I was just worried about him eating the nozzle off the water bottle. These puppies sure like to eat all of kind of things. But hes an awesome boy. I can see why so many people love shepherds

1 - 4 of 4 Posts