German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I have a high energy working gsd, however Lunas wrestling is very intense I am talking growling, snarling and mounting. I know when Angel did that to Athena (my late gsd) I thought Angel was showing dominate behavior and she turned out to be timid and scared also I had no fear about Athena being submissive. However with Luna doing it I am far more cautious just because of there temperament differences. I am looking to deep into it or should I wait and see how time will tell? I do not buy a 8 week old can he dominate over a one year old. However it has been some time sense I have had a gsd puppy. Athena never had a bigger sister to wrestle with so I can judge her.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One is a golden retriever who is close to a yr old and then there Luna who is 8 weeks old. The play has always been like this Angel the golden retriever is extremely mellow only once did I break it up because I had a feeling it took me saying no more loudly and Angel was done Luna I needed to grab by the scruff and make eye contact and she was done. Everything I have read said the play is how they bond however Lunas play is hardcore, if someone yipes they stop for a sec, Angel will play now all the time Luna doesn't but she will fall on her back and you can tell she's playing. I needed to record it and show you guys. Just read a few articles about two females and I am not happy.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I've spoken with some breeders who won't even let a female puppy go home to a family that has a female dog at home. The chances for bitch fights are just too high, according to them. I'm sure they will make exceptions depending on the situation, but it is not the rule. I would be very careful now to avoid issues later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts