German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

New puppy owner here. I have a very excitable/energetic (but aren’t they all) german shepherd female puppy.

We just had our puppy desexed approx 3 weeks ago and nearly a week after she developed a hernia. Had that taken care of not this past Friday but the one before. That is healing well but we’ve noticed over the last few days she’s developed a little pinky lump/mass near the top of the incision. Photo below. My husband and I have put it down to scar tissue due to the initial incision having been interrupted and the new one healing over.

The vet has been wonderful and we have a final check up with them this coming Thursday just to make sure she’s going well but I was wondering would I need to take her earlier due to this little pink thing that has come up? I’m a bit of a worrier as you can see.

Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Get it looked at. It could be an imbedded suture that's gotten infected, or it could be...something else. Vet needs to see it and decide what to do.

Whatever it is, I'd say it's minor, and should be an easy fix. But if you let it go too long, it's most likely just going to get worse.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I agree with Sunsilver. I would call the vet and try to get an earlier appt. You could suggest emailing your photo and so that way they could tell you right away if you need to come in sooner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts