German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
They look like cute puppies! When do you have to make the decision?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look like cute puppies! When do you have to make the decision?
They are temperament tested at 7 weeks by a local trainer so we will use that information to help us decide! We will pick him up the next week. We can't wait.

They definitely have changed color drastically! Our shepherd we have now is a black and tan so his colouring changed as he grew but definitely not as much as one of these sables! I am looking forward to having a sable and seeing all the changes he will go through!

I have attached pictures of the sire (black) and dam (sable)
Grizzly+3.jpg
Timber+1+MAIN.jpg

·
Registered
404 Posts
They are temperament tested at 7 weeks by a local trainer so we will use that information to help us decide! We will pick him up the next week. We can't wait.

They definitely have changed color drastically! Our shepherd we have now is a black and tan so his colouring changed as he grew but definitely not as much as one of these sables! I am looking forward to having a sable and seeing all the changes he will go through!

I have attached pictures of the sire (black) and dam (sable) View attachment 559431 View attachment 559432
I love this rather than picking on color or looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think we've picked one guys! We leave on our 14 hour drive this weekend to pick him up. The trainer says he's stable, relaxed and affectionate. We are so excited!
The only downside to this pup is that he has a small inguinal hernia. Anyone have experience with this? The breeder had told us that it can happen when the dam is too rough with the umbilical cord. She said that it will be a quick fix when he is neutered later on down the road. We plan to love him just the same :)

Pictured at 5 weeks:

Pictured at 6 weeks:

·
Super Moderator
7,000 Posts
Congrats!!
As far as the hernia, the only experience I’ve had is one that didn’t get fixed during my dogs neuter (adopted), and when I had him examined they said that the wall had already closed behind the hernia by then and that there would be little to no chance of complications from it. There weren’t, and it was about the size of a walnut.

Obviously take your vets lead on this, but just know that if you wait to neuter until 2yrs+ (or not at all), it may not be correctable.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I think we've picked one guys! We leave on our 14 hour drive this weekend to pick him up. The trainer says he's stable, relaxed and affectionate. We are so excited!
The only downside to this pup is that he has a small inguinal hernia. Anyone have experience with this? The breeder had told us that it can happen when the dam is too rough with the umbilical cord. She said that it will be a quick fix when he is neutered later on down the road. We plan to love him just the same :)

Pictured at 5 weeks:
View attachment 559730
Pictured at 6 weeks:
View attachment 559731
Cute congrats. My female had an umbilical hernia. At 6mo it plugged on its own no worries no surgery. You need to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get too big or change color to a bluish or blackish. Watch for abdominal pain as well, That is sign of strangulated hernia which requires emergency surgery.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts