German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While it didn't turn out quite like we planned, mama & pups are doing well.
We had to make a middle of the night trip to our vet for a c-section due to a stuck puppy & general weariness of mama.
We now have 2 boys (1 sable & 1 black) and 2 girls (1 sable & 1 black). I don't think they come anymore uniform than that ;)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been lucky to of not had a middle of the night emergency up till now, so it was very stressful. Of course I had been up for 36 hrs on whelping watch going into this, so my brain is pretty much mush right now. Every time I try to take a quick nap a puppy grunts, whines, or makes some other noise & I can't seem to drag myself away, lol
I'm so thankful I went in when I did. If it had been even another hour, my vet thinks we would have lost all the pups. As it was we lost a little girl pup.
I wasn't sure what to expect after the surgery, as far as Cammi taking to the pups... I've heard horror stories of dams rejecting or even killing the pups after a c-section. No worries! Cammi acted like it was no big deal & is a super mama.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Good news. :) I'm glad Cammi is content with being a new momma. I know it's tuff being on whelp watch and then being up for 24+ hrs. Then hearing puppy noises and getting up every time you hear them. Even in the middle of the night.....

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Took a couple pics today after doing puppy weigh ins & changing bedding.
Not that they really change too much the first few days, but they still are cute to look at:laugh::wub:

Cammi tends to lay like this more often than not. I call it the "Open Milk Bar" position, lol

From the left it's black boy, black girl, sable boy(aka "big fatty"), sable girl.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
Nice litter, congratulations.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Congratulations, puppies are beautiful. Glad that Cammi is doing well.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL!! You don't like "Big Fatty".....

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Updated photos...though they aren't too much different then the others, lol

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
weigh in....

I can't remember exact weights of previous pups, but in my experience these buggers are HUGE:eek:
4 days old weigh in:
Big Fatty is 40oz.
Sable Girl is 39oz
Black Girl is 35oz
Black Boy is 30oz He looks tiny next to the sables, but when by himself you can tell he's still a decent size.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
aww congrats! glad mama and pups seem to be doing well. Sorry it started out rough and you lost one but mama looks content and the pups are naturally looking healthy!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts