German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She is being shipped to me. It's going to be a longgggg day for her. Well, and for me. I can barely sit still I am so excited.

What should I expect? She is 15 weeks.

I'm assuming she will be a little dehydrated and hungry. I've read things about bringing wipes and letting her out of the kennel (with a leash and collar on) while I have also read to keep her in the kennel until I get home.

She won't be getting here (Texas) for me to pick up until almost 10 tonight.

I want to be prepared for whatever. I'm about to go to petsmart now and grab a few pup necessities. So if you have any suggestions for that, let me know as well. :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
So exciting ! Congratulations ! Where is she coming from ? Where in Texas ? Pics are a must !!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Illinois. I'm getting her from Mittelwest.

And thanks! :) I could barely sleep last night in anticipation.

·
Registered
29,131 Posts
Congratulations! I can imagine how excited you are. We just shipped a puppy to TX a little over a week ago. :D I'm sure everything will go smooth. Make sure to post pictures tonight when she arrives. :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Sounds like you have it figured out. Honestly letting her out or keeping her in the kennel until you get home is up to you. She'll definitely want to go potty! congrats on your new baby!!!! cant wait to see pictures!!

·
Registered
29,131 Posts
I'm assuming she will be a little dehydrated and hungry. I've read things about bringing wipes and letting her out of the kennel (with a leash and collar on) while I have also read to keep her in the kennel until I get home.
Since she is a puppy, you should be fine letting her out of the crate, doubt she is going to run away from you or you not be able to catch her. Now if it was an adult dog, it would be a different story. When I picked up Gala from the airport (at 14 weeks) I let her out of the crate immediately. She walked around the airport like she owned the place. :rofl:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Illinois. I'm getting her from Mittelwest.

And thanks! :) I could barely sleep last night in anticipation.
Kali's old playmate, Rowdy, is from a Mittelwest litter. His father is Panzer vom Mittelwest

Great looking dogs! Congrats!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
We took Max in his crate right outside the airport and found a grassy spot. Put on his new collar and leash and let him out to stretch his legs and take care of business. He was so excited! He rode home on my lap--no way I could have waited to get home to let him out!!
Are you bringing someone with you to pick him up?
I know this will be the longest day EVER for you---

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so much for the advice so far! I'm thinking I will go nuts if I leave her in her kennel until I get home.

I'm ready to shower her with so much love she won't know what to do with it all.

That's her at 6 weeks.

And that is a pic the breeder took of her yesterday.

I'll try and post some more pictures tonight, and if not tonight then tomorrow for sure!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm bringing my bf. He can be designated driver. He knows how excited I am over this. I have been searching for the right breeder for a good while now and he has got to listen to every minute of my shepherd talking.

At this point, he sort of tunes me out, but he is incredibly excited too. He keeps asking me what I will name her. Which I have no idea. I'm hoping it comes to me.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Awwwh ! Whata cutie, definitely a keeper !!! :)

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
So excited for you!! She is adorable if you need help with names just ask everyone on here loves to help with names!!!

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
I wouldn't be as concerned with keeping her in the crate as I would with an adult OR a tiny baby pupy. (think 8 weeks.) As old as she is, she should have a few/several shots in her already.

·
Registered
462 Posts
She's GORGEOUS!! I would let her out to potty and then either back in crate or car. Im not sure I would be able to not take her out of the crate if I were you :wub: When I get my puppy I will have to drive several hours and Im not sure I wont go 90mph the whole way..I may have to have someone else drive and take some sedatives or something :rofl:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
She won't be phased by the flight. I have her 12wk old cousin (per our pm's) and she flew at 8 wks like she was an old pro. Getting her at bedtime is tough though....neither one of you are going to want to go to sleep!

Is Julie sending some of her food with her? She's on a food you can't get in the stores. Email me if you need info on that. I switched Sigourney to Wellness but I bought a bag (have to get from a rep) for when she arrived so I could do a slow transition...though I ended up doing it in just a couple of days.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Read your pm before I read this message. Julie didn't tell me if she was sending me any food. I guess I'll find out.

I grabbed Wellness too. I swear I researched just as much on food as I did on breeders.

I've already decided there is a good chance I'll sleep very little tonight. And if she ends up going to bed I'll probably just end up staring at her a lot. haha

Now I'm getting my google on trying to come up with a name.

I'm so glad I won't be the one driving. I'm still in that whole, I can't believe this day is finally here, stage.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
awwwww she is adorable! and yep, I'd take a nap this afternoon:))) congrats !

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Greetings and congratulations from Tyler TX! I'm sure she'll adjust quickly, have her crate right next to your bed for the next few weeks and enjoy that puppy breath while you have it! Such an exciting time. Can't wait to hear what her name is

1 - 20 of 29 Posts