German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,691 Posts
The picture with his tongue sticking out!Handsome little devil:)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Very exciting and What a cutie. I have to remember when Ozzy was that little and it’s only been 2 1/2 months. Enjoy the moments

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Is this your service dog prospect puppy?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yay! Congratulations and good luck!

Are you working with a trainer already?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yay! Congratulations and good luck!

Are you working with a trainer already?
No I’m planning on doing all of his training myself ! Since kona washed I have been studying and reading books like crazy and I am very confident in my ability to do all of the training, however I do have resources available if I ever do need help! Kona still knows a bunch of tasks that I taught her to perform so I know exactly how to go about his training.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have always thought that the task training is the easiest part. My biggest obstacle with my SD prospect was getting him to be calm around other people and dogs, but any well trained dog should be able to do that, SD or not. He never had issues going into stores and public places like that and behaving well. He washed because he was dog reactive in the end.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have always thought that the task training is the easiest part. My biggest obstacle with my SD prospect was getting him to be calm around other people and dogs, but any well trained dog should be able to do that, SD or not. He never had issues going into stores and public places like that and behaving well. He washed because he was dog reactive in the end.
Kona ultimately washed because she had a fear of strangers as many of you know. She also has way too low of a drive. She’s doing great now though and can be totally calm around people and dogs but it took a while to get there! The public access training is definitely the toughest.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
They look like trouble!

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
That's a good looking litter. What a fun video. Don't you feel guilty removing yours from all that fun? ;)
Thanks for posting. Who is the breeder? They did a good job!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's a good looking litter. What a fun video. Don't you feel guilty removing yours from all that fun? /forum/images/smilies/wink.gif
Thanks for posting. Who is the breeder? They did a good job!
Haha yes! The breeder is vom amwolf. The pups are ddr Czech and west. I love when the pups go running to try to get to daddy!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts